The cost of shipping is determined as follows:
- Shipping cost will be automatically calculated on checkout.
- Orders will be shipped via Australia Post, Star Track or Toll IPEC.
- Insurance may be requested on parcels at an additional cost per consignment. Hobbytech will not be held responsible for any losses or damages caused by chosen freight forwarder. All disputes must be taken up with the freight forwarder directly.
- At checkout you will have the option to select Express or Standard Delivery.
- No deliveries will be done outside of Australia.
- By placing your order on the Hobbytech website you accept all the shipping terms listed above.
Free freight applies to the following online orders:
- Orders over $150.00
- Orders that exclude items marked "Oversize"
- Orders that exclude items marked "Dangerous"
We have several checks in place to make sure you get the items that you are after and they reach you in good order. If for some reason you didn’t receive the item you ordered, it’s damaged or simply not what you expected then please let us know within 7 days of receiving so we can organise an exchange or refund, whichever you prefer! For items damaged in transit a picture of the packaging will be required.
As per Change of Mind, the goods will need to be returned in original condition. Return shipping is at your expense. A restocking fee of 15% + any freight charges incurred will be deducted from the total refund amount.
If the mistake was made at our end, we will happily pay the return postage.
If no one is around when delivery is attempted, a delivery slip with contact information will be left for you to arrange a re-delivery (charges may apply).
Oversize Items (Rc planes etc):
Oversize items will be quoted for on a 'per order' basis. Once we receive your order, we will contact you with a freight quote for freight on the order. You will then have the choice to accept and pay for the freight or cancel the order.
Warranty/ Faulty: Refund or Exchange
If you are having trouble with any of your purchases, and suspect it could be a warranty issue, then please email or phone us to go through your item's history of use and background. We are very reasonable when it comes to faults, and will try and resolve any concerns you have as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Each product is covered by the respective manufacturers warranty policy and some products may have individual components that are covered by separate warranties and time frames. We do not offer any additional product warranties outside the manufacturer’s warranty.
Please discuss any warranty concerns with us before sending the items back to avoid any confusion and unnecessary costs. We will generally require you to send photos of the product with your purchase details for an initial assessment and we will go from there.
Postage costs will be at the returner’s expense and refunded if the product is proven to be covered by warranty.
If the product is required to be sent back to our suppliers for assessment, we will cover this cost.
We will always try to resolve any warranty concerns as quickly as possible, where any delay is incurred we will communicate this to you.
- A warranty refers to any new product which has a manufacturing defect or a major failure within a reasonable period.
- If the warranty relates to a minor failure then we may replace, repair or refund the item.
- On assessment if the product is deemed as having a major failure, the customer can decide whether they would like a replacement, repair or refund.
- A warranty does not apply to any wear and tear on a product, crash damage or a product being used outside it’s intended use.
For further information, please refer to https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund
When sending items back for exchange, refund, repair or warranty assessment please post to our main office at the following address:
18/276 Leach Highway