Tamiya 1/32 North American P-51D/K Mustang Pacific Theater
The P-51D Mustang incorporated advanced features such as a laminar flow wing and an efficient radiator design. It was powered by the Packard-built Rolls-Royce Merlin V-1650 engine and it demonstrated superior high altitude performance compared to its rivals of the day. The P-51D was equipped with a Hamilton Standard propeller as standard but shortages of the propeller led to the installation of Aero products propellers on some P-51Ds built at North American's Dallas factory, and these were distinguished by the designation P-51K. Most of the P-51Ks fought in combat in the Pacific Theater of operations, although some were sent to Europe to fight the war as well.
In addition to the fighter role, some P-51s were equipped with cameras and used as reconnaissance aircraft. Such aircraft which were converted from P-51Ds and P-51Ks were designated F-6Ds and F-6Ks respectively.
The Tamiya 1/32 model kit faithfully captures the nuances of the P-51K down to its last rivet and propeller shape. Extensive research throughout the United States was conducted to find the best restored subjects to ensure the Tamiya model is accurate and faithful to discriminating model fans across the globe.
- This kit offers its purchaser 3 plastic model options: the P-51-D; the P-51K (predominantly served in Asian Theater); and the F-6D reconnaissance aircraft.
- 1/32 Scale. Fuselage length: 308mm, Wingspan: 354mm.
- The unique form is accurately captured, including laminar wings and shapely style.
- Radiator is faithfully reproduced, down to internal ducts and oil coolers.
- Features an accurate cockpit interior. Parts for F-6D's intervalometer is included.
- 3 sets of markings included to recreate aircraft from Fighter Groups in Philippines, Iwo Jima and Burma.
- Crew figures in seated and standing poses included.